Saturday, August 20, 2016

So, I got busy Thursday afternoon (before we dashed off to Mac's ongoing therapy) and made some wonderful little cookies that unfortunately did not last long, you would have thought we had never seen a cookie before!  Well, actually it has been eons since I have baked.  After all, we just had the hottest July on record so no oven baking for me.  Anyway, I saw the recipe from one of my Facebook Oily friends, had all the ingredients the time was right!!

Here ya go...here is a quick recipe for you to try and use your Lemon Essential Oil or I am sure Orange would be good and I am thinking Lime. (That is another bonus when you are using oils, you will have Lemon, Lime and Orange already in your stash!!)
Years ago I can remember purchasing some Key Lime cookies in a tin @ Pawley's Island.  Mac reminded me, yes it had to be years ago, 'cause we haven't been for years!!  Although we did go there last vacation, but lots of places were closed because of the excessive rain that they were having.
                         

                       Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies

           2 oz Cream cheese                  6 T butter, softened
           1/4C plus 1T Powdered Sugar plus more for sifting over cookies
           3/4 C white sugar                   1 Egg
           1/2 t Vanilla                             1/4 t salt, baking powder, baking soda
            1 3/4 c flour                            15 drops Young Living Essential Oil
Heat oven to 350 degrees, cream butter, cream cheese and sugars together, til smooth.  Add Lemon, vanilla and eggs, mix again, add dry ingredients and mix well.  Scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet bake 10 min remove and dust with powdered sugar.   Enjoy!!

**I used 1/2 sugar and I only used 1 T powdered sugar...was fine with that.  I routinely cut sugar down when baking with no repercussions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment